Sunday 31 May 2015

A Matter of Stoneware

As I come to the second day of blogging, I've come to the realization that people who do this full-time are massively impressive. To come up with a new topic for every post already seems like a difficult task, let alone to do it every day. It doesn't help that watching a particular episode of How I Met Your Mother has left me wanting to make every sentence rhyme.

I drink a lot of tea. Like, A LOT a lot. Some people have to work to make sure they drink enough water in a day. I easily exceed the recommended amount, and only have to make two pots of tea to do it. Having a 5 cup capacity teapot and drinking green tea (which you brew more than once) helps immensely. I'm sure there will be a post at sometime or another about that teapot, but I need to keep my options open so I can post every day.

Now, for the matter of stoneware. I was recently in Winnipeg visiting family. While I was there, I was able to attend a pop-up shop set up by my sibling, Ash. In case you're interested in some really cool knitting, getting yarn, or patterns to make yourself, check out Sunflower Knit.
They were selling yarns and sewing creations at a local artist shop downtown. At this particular artist shop, Tara Davis Studio Boutique, there was tons of pottery. I am a sucker for mugs, which helps feed my tea addiction. While gushing over this mug or that one, I noticed a corner of the store that had taller mugs. Upon closer inspection, I discovered the amazing part of the store that housed their collection of stoneware. I love how stoneware feels with tea. The weight of the mug, the texture of cup's lip, the way heat transfers from it to your hand. Uuuung.

I'm I geek. Shut up...

Anyway, this particular mug was beautiful. I love the difference in colouring on the inside compared to the outside. A mug with a well-designed handle is a wonderful thing that I don't think everyone truly appreciates. A badly made cup can ruin a lovely drink all on it's own.


Here is the mug in question, along with Plantie. Plantie loves mugs too.



Today's Poro is pretending to be a barbarian. Because reasons.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment