Wednesday 10 June 2015

Caro Emerald

Happy Wednesday, curtesy of the border!
Now that Plantie and I have moved in a little bit (I still have a ton of unpacking to do), it's time for today's post. 
I was introduced to Caro Emerald, an amazing musician, a few years ago by a friend of mine. We decided to swap music libraries with each other (No small feat for two music nerds). Among the masses of music exchanged, one artist I was introduced to was this amazing woman. Caro combines an almost jazz/big band sound with a great grove. She uses really interesting combinations of sounds in her songs, like one that uses record scratching alongside a clarinet and trumpet. Think modernized ska.
Her amazing singing voice, well chosen lyrics, diverse genres of music, and creative instrumentation make Caro Emerald an artist I highly recommend to anyone looking for some great new music to listen to. Just go listen to her. You'll see what I mean.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment