Tuesday 9 June 2015

Inspirations from Sp4zie

It's Tuesday! Plantie and I are headed away from home for the summer today. There will be pictures of the ride and our new living quarters for the next couple of months.

Some of you may be wondering where the inspiration for Plantie came from. I do not take credit for the idea. I totally ripped it off from my favourite Youtube personality, Sp4zie (Pronounced spazie, like someone having a spaz attack). Sp4zie streams regularly on Twitch and creates videos from his gameplay to put onto Youtube. He mostly plays my favourite of games, League of Legends. Sp4zie's videos are hilarious to me. His skills as an editor and his personality as a comedian make for content that I have watched and rewatched countless times. I've adopted some of his more frequent sayings while I play League (I often shout "JUKE IT" with a terrible Swedish accent on a regular basis, "derp" has made it back into my vocabulary, as well as me making terrible noises while narrowly escaping with my life).

I posted earlier about the band Instalock, and how their content is easily appreciable to people who don't play League. Sp4zie's game content might not be appealing for those who don't play the game, but in addition to his stream footage, Sp4zie also does a ton of work with the development of new media content creators. That is to say, he speaks at conferences, radio shows, and other forms of media about what it is like to be a full time content creator in today's society. He is extremely charismatic, and has taught a lot of people how to become better content creators.

Sp4zie's channel is here, you can look through his videos at your leisure. However, there is one video of his that ALWAYS makes me laugh. A reminder that this is my personal opinion, so if you don't think the video is funny, well, too bad. I like it.


Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment