Wednesday 5 August 2015

Room Eleven

So far so good, I'm aiming for a perfect week of posts. Yet another Wednesday, another post about music! Also, I'm super good at this blogging thing. Just realized a few days ago that no one could comment without being a registered user. So I changed that setting, comments should be open for everyone now.

Anywho, today I'd like to bring your attention to Room Eleven. This group reminds me a lot of Caro Emerald, which I've already talked about. Room Eleven features a lovely female lead, who's voice is very smooth. You can really hear her facial expressions when she sings (that may sound weird to some, but vocal people know what I mean). Room Eleven uses an interesting selection of instruments, ranging from guitar, accordion, piano, kazoo, sultry singing, and of course a drum set. The lyrics also are cleverly written, and I connected a lot with the song below, Come Closer. One line in particular really stuck with me. 

"Electricity, the energy surround me / Thrills run to my spine, now your fingers are mine / Soon, you will follow me / Tomorrow you'll be drinking tea with me / Let's write some poetry"

Seeing as I've gotten back into writing poetry (now that I have a muse), and of course drinking tea, that line always makes me smirk.

Take a listen to Room Eleven, and fall into the expressive tones


Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. I quite enjoy that song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it! Any suggestions for other artists to check out?

      Delete